Free Bicycle distribution scheme:
The scheme of distribution of free bicycles started in the year 2006-07 aiming to facilitate transport for Rural and hilly region students. Target group were Girl Students enrolled to class 8th in Govt and Govt aided Schools of BPL family.
Girl students having Bus pass and Hostel facility were excluding from the scheme. Bicycle Distribution scheme was extended to 8th std girls from families of below poverty line in the city corporation limit and also to boys from the year 2007-08.
- Encourage enrollment of girl child to school.
- Facilitate students to reach a distant School.
- Ensure their studies and to initiate retention.
- Motivate and to enhance their will power.
- Enhances quality in education.
- Reduce transport time.