Goals and Objectives in Primary Education:
The main goals and objectives of the Government of Karnataka towards universalization of elementary education are:
- To ensure that all 6-14 year old children are in classes 1-8.
- To ensure that all required infrastructure and human resources for providing eight years of free, compulsory, relevant and quality education are in place.
- To ensure that education becomes a means of genuine empowerment of the individual to achieve his/her full potential.
- To ensure that the learning process is made locally relevant, child-centered, activity-based and joyful.
- To ensure that educational management is decentralized to the community and that the the community takes ownership to ensure children’s right to education.