Benefits given to Students under Karnataka State Students Welfare Fund :
1) Award for Institutions which secure 100% results in SSLC and PUC Examinations :
Government and Aided Educational Institutions with minimum strength per school who secure 100% results in SSLC and PUC examinations are honoured with cash prizes amounting to Rs. 10000/- per school. All such schools irrespective of Government, private and aided, will be honoured with mementoes commemorating their success.
2) National Talents Scholarship to students (NTS) :
Scholarship of Rs.2,000/- per annum for a period of 2 years is sanctioned to students who pass the State level NTS examination but un-succeeded in National level examination.
3) Payment of Tuition / Examination Fees to economically backward students and incentive to merit students :
50% of the contribution collected from High Schools and 60 % of the contribution collected from Junior Colleges (PUC students) and Degree Colleges towards Karnataka State Students’ Welfare Fund is permitted to be utilised by the respective institutions for payment of Tuition / Examination fees of economically backward Students, for giving incentives to merit students and for arranging suitable student welfare programmes.
4) Bravery awards to the students:
Students who show exemplary courage in saving the lives and properties of the public are given a bravery award of Rs.2500/- each. The list of such children will be provided by Woman and Child Welfare Department.
5) Sports Awards :
Sports cash awards will be given to State Level champions in each wing of the sports championship organised by the Department of Public Instructions. An amount of Rs.3,000/-, 2,500/- and 2,000/- each will be given to the top three students respectively and Rs.2,000/-, 1,500/- and 1,000/- to the top three teams.
6)Students safety Assistance Scheme :
With a view to provide compensation to the families of students who become victims of accidents and other natural calamities, the Karnataka State Students’ Welfare Fund has introduced “Students Safety Insurance Scheme” from the year 2001-02 and a compensation amount of Rs.50,000/- will be given away to the parents/Guardians of the deceased children. This scheme is applicable to students studying in all government, aided and unaided institutions.
7) Medical Assistance to Students :
A financial assistance up to a maximum of Rs. 50,000/- is sanctioned to any student towards his/her medical treatment.
8) Merit Scholarships to students who secure highest marks at the district level:
Cash awards will be given to the Meritorious students who secure highest marks in SSLC and PUC at district level in the following manner.
- SSLC – Rs. 2,000/- per Student - 10 awards 5 each for Kannada and English medium students.
- PUC - Rs.3,000/- per Student – 6 awards each for Science, Arts and Commerce Students.
9) Co-curricular activities for PUC students:
Amount will be released to conduct state level co-curricular activities to PU Board every year. PU Board will organise the activities.