Benefits given to Life membership Teachers under Karnataka State Teachers Benefit Fund :
1) Medical Assistance to Teachers and their dependents :
Medical Assistance ranging from Rs.6,000/- up to a maximum of Rs.50,000/- is sanctioned to teachers and their dependents for medical treatment based on the intensity of the illness.
2) Financial Assistance for Family Maintenance to the families of the deceased teachers :
In the event of the death of a teacher while in service and where the family pension is yet to be settled, a financial assistance of Rs. 10,000/- is sanctioned to the family of the deceased for family maintenance . Rs. 5,000/- is sanctioned to the families of teachers who die after retirement.
3) Financial Assistance for the higher education of the Children of the Teachers :
Financial Assistance ranging from Rs.1000/- to Rs.3000/- is given to the teachers for the education of their children studying from Pre-university level to post graduation Level.
4) Merit Scholarships to the eminent children of Teachers :
Merit scholarships in the range of Rs.2000/- to Rs. 6000/- based on merit are given to children of teachers who secure highest marks in SSLC, PUC, DEGREE & POST-GRADUATION.
5) Grants for construction of Gurubhavans:
A minimum grant of Rs.12.00 Lakhs up to a maximum of Rs.30.00 lakhs is sanctioned for construction of GURUBHAVANS at Taluk and District levels. The motive behind this is to provide respectful dormitory facilities to teachers who visit the places of historical importance.
In addition, grant of Rs.1,10,000/- per room subject to a maximum of Rs.11.00 Lakhs is sanctioned for construction of guest rooms attached to Gurubhavans.
6) Meritorious awards to Teachers :
These awards are given away to teachers who have rendered meritorious service in their fields. District Awards, Special Awards and Best science teacher Awards are given.
7) Conduct of Literary and Cultural activities for Teachers at Taluk, District and State levels :
Literary and Cultural competitions for primary and high schools teachers at Taluk, District and State levels will be conducted every year. Cash awards will be given to the winners.
8) Teacher’s safety Assistance Scheme :
With a view to provide compensation to the families of Teachers who become victims of accidents and other natural calamities, the Karnataka State Teachers’ Benefit Fund has introduced “Teachers Safety Scheme” from the year 2001-02 and a compensation amount of Rs.50,000/- will be given away to the family of the deceased teacher.
9) LAPTOP Scheme :
Interest free loan to Teachers for purchase of LAPTOPs (Rs.30000/- to be repayable in 10 instalments).
Benefits given under National Foundation for Teachers’ Welfare, NewDelhi :
- Medical Assistance to Teachers and their dependents for their serious ailments
- Financial Assistance to Higher studies of Teachers’ Children.
- Additional Grants towards construction of Gurubhavans at the places of Historical importance